Role purpose and responsibilities
SHIFT is an ambitious international marketing communications agency dedicated to cycling and tri sports. We offer our clients strategic brand development with full service integrated marketing solutions. We have a wealth of experience and expertise in marketing, media, advertising, creative, digital, direct marketing, PR and strategic brand development.
As part of a team you will work to develop brand and communications strategies and design innovative solutions, tools and campaigns to support a variety of challenges across our varied client base that are creatively brilliant, are effective and achievable within their budgets.
The role will require you to:
- Support Account Directors and the senior management team in establishing enduring, respectful Client relationships.
- Co-develop new strategies and plans that connect and build strong affinity with cycling consumers.
- Build a strong day-to-day relationship with key clients and internal stakeholders, enabling you to review, challenge, build on and communicate client briefs.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of each client’s business in order to deliver great work that achieves successful outcomes for both the Client and Agency.
Essential skills and competencies
- Build strong client relationships as a totally trustworthy pair of hands: Impeccable record keeping and written communication. A point of contact who is a pleasure to deal with. It is vital that you represent SHIFT in the best possible light and ensure that all decisions/requests are documented in the appropriate way and all initiatives are investigated and actioned as agreed. SHIFT must give its clients excellent customer service.
- Provide highly effective support to Account Directors and the senior management team: Efficient account administration. Credible source of knowledge and intelligence. Militant financial management. Support biz dev initiatives. Facilitate effective collaboration with cross-Agency partners. Contribute to the compelling sell of strategy and creative.
- Learn about the clients business: Develop an understanding of the client’s business model. Know how it is performing. Know what market they are in. Know their products inside out. Know their competitive threats. Know what success looks like for the Clients themselves. Apply this knowledge to every project.
- Marketing know-how: You embrace the opportunities presented by digital, social and mobile channels as well as have a strong understanding of more traditional channels, with a good grasp of how consumers use them, how they work and what’s possible.
- Brand understanding: You’re confident getting under the skin of a brand and understanding its consumers; you will be able to articulate what the brand’s tone of voice, target audience, and positioning are and be able to offer up ideas that strengthen the brand positioning in the minds of the consumer.
- Effective communication: You will be involved with day-to-day relations with the client. You will ensure that all relevant information is communicated to the Account Director or appropriate members of SHIFT whether that be for advice, information or because you require another member of the team to act on your information (i.e. the creation of advertising material).
- Strong use of initiative: Think beyond the task in hand. Do more than asked to make things happen. Pre-empt Client requests. Surprise and delight.
- Work closely with team management: Provide what is necessary for outstanding delivery. Identify and help manage Client stakeholders. Inform and inspire the Agency team. Allow creativity to flourish. Develop a strong understanding of digital. Continually learn from the experts around you. Know how to leverage data. Live as a digital consumer. Be ahead of the curve. Keep abreast of innovation. Know how to join the dots with other disciplines.
- Be proud to be commercial: Build an understanding of how the agency makes money. Contribute to the agency’s overall commercial success by identifying opportunities to generate revenue by positively solving client business issues. Report and track income accurately. Support the forecasting and billing process working with other business stakeholders.
- Written and presentation skills: You’re able to produce well-crafted, well laid-out presentations and documents and present these confidently and engagingly. You can communicate complex things in a simple way.
- Reliability: With lots going on, you’re organised and focused enough to manage your own time; you take responsibility for getting things done and can be relied upon to do things within given timescales.
- Additional Roles: SHIFT is managed by a small enthusiastic full time team. We must all work together on different aspects of the business with the aim to grow the business so ultimately each member of the team benefits. Hence from time to time you will be asked to perform roles outside the above but this is no different to any other member of the SHIFT team.
- At Account Executive level, we realise you are still learning, so this is as much about your aptitude and general ability, as well as knowledge of marketing (perhaps from your degree/work experience).
- You will need superb communication and organisational skills to hit project deadlines.
- We seek someone who has a passion for cycling so ideally you’ll know Contador from Cancellara and can tell the difference between a bottom bracket and a brake caliper. If not cycling specifically, then you definitely need to be interested in sports in general, and ideally an outdoor sport of some type.
- This is a brilliant opportunity for energetic, enthusiastic, committed individuals who’d like to work in a friendly, dynamic and upbeat environment, with superb clients and as part of a talented team.
The Play Sports Group is home to SHIFT Active Media and the Play Sports Network.
Launched in 2010, SHIFT Active Media is an award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world, such as Continental, crankbrothers, fi’zi:k, the Global Cycling Network (GCN), KASK, SRAM, Zwift, YT and many more. Our complete focus on cycling delivers a best in class knowledge together with outstanding results.
We’re a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide a variety of services to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from brand strategy, global media planning and buying, advertising creative, film and video production, website design and build, social media and beyond, our work resonates with cyclists the world over.
We’re a small but rapidly growing business, and while the atmosphere in the modern office in Bath is relaxed and fun, we are very ambitious and work hard to exceed the expectations of our clients.
Salary & benefits
- Competitive starting salary
- 25 days annual holiday, additional days over Christmas plus Bank Holidays
- Pension: 3% company contribution matched by way of salary sacrifice
- Childcare Vouchers by way of salary sacrifice
- Work with world class global cycling and triathlon brands
- Opportunity to develop your skills and progress professionally
- Relaxed office environment
- Secure bike parking
- Discount benefits on top brands
- Regular group rides and company-organised socials
- All the tea, coffee, sweets and fruit platters your stomach can handle
- Centrally located in the city of Bath
Do You Think You’ve Got What It Takes?
Send us your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are perfect for the role.