Play Sports Group is looking for a Commercial Marketing Manager to join us in this newly created role responsible for driving the commercial and b2b marketing output of the business. This will be a diverse role working alongside some brilliant talent in our internal commercial team and across our creative agency.
We’re looking for an innovative 360° marketer who will:
- Deliver unique, inspiring and brand-consistent marketing collateral within agreed timescales to support the commercial team, enabling revenue growth and customer loyalty
- Understand how to use insight and data to write killer creative commercial proposals aimed at existing and potential new clients
- Have a proactive hands-on approach, with the ability to plan campaigns and execute tactical and detailed activity
- Create, proofread and verify marketing literature and promotional material to ensure brand guidelines are adhered to
- Project manage between sales and production teams to help activate commercially driven projects
- Update the b2b website and monthly newsletters, manage the b2b communication of our social channels
- Lead and manage all b2b event activity
We’re looking for someone from a creative or media agency background, or a marketer from the media who wants to work on key commercial projects. We need someone with passion, energy and application to help build and steer our commercial marketing function.
The successful candidate:
- Will have around 3-5 years’ of experience in marketing either from a creative or media agency or brand background
- Can demonstrate a successful record of writing creative brand strategy, and creating and developing compelling sales decks
- Has experience working across all marketing disciplines including knowledge of creative, content development, video production and social media
- Is experienced in working on events and managing external agencies and producers
- Has enjoyed working in a fast-paced environment
- Is a creative thinker but also super organised
- Loves cycling / sport
- Can show a history of working with multiple stakeholders and managing up and down
- Shows a proactive, can-do attitude and fluid thinking
- Is a team player
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market. We operate two market-leading YouTube channels: the Global Cycling Network and Global Mountain Bike Network, with over 1.5 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes. PSG also includes the award-winning international communications agency, SHIFT Active Media (SHIFT), focused exclusively on the cycling industry and who works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world. SHIFT is responsible for the international marketing for global cycling brands such as Continental, fi’zi:k, FSA, KASK, Selle Royal and many others.
SHIFT works on a variety of projects to help their clients achieve their strategic objectives, including website and brochure creation, social media management, print and digital advertising design and placement in international magazines and websites, producing TV commercials and videos or even organizing helicopter banner flights in Australia.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role and the salary you think you deserve to email@example.com with ‘Commercial Marketing Manager’ as the email subject.