SHIFT Active Media is looking for a Designer to join our growing team based in Bath.
A LITTLE ABOUT US & WHO WE WORK WITH
We’re an award-winning international cycling media and communications agency and work alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world, such as YT, Continental, crankbrothers, fi’zi:k, the Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN), KASK, SRAM, Zwift and many more.
As a Designer, you will be a core member of SHIFT Active Media, working across our client base at the heart of our creative team. Together with the creative team, you will ensure that the work we carry out for all of our clients is of the highest standard, delivered on time and within budget. You will work collaboratively with our social media, PR, media planning and buying, video and digital teams to produce the highest quality creative solutions and uphold the expectation of creative excellence within the company. Due to the wide ranging work we produce, agency experience is essential.
The role will be varied, highly creative, challenging and will focus on campaigns across print, digital, social, video, and direct to consumer channels, through to creating engaging content for brand websites, and design for print adverts for major cycling brands and beyond. You’ll be an integral spoke in our creative wheel.
When you’re not passionately crafting world class creative, you’ll be flexing your organisational muscles, helping to manage key accounts across the business and supporting our account managers as they identify and target key clients and leads.
You will work on projects for some of the most prestigious brands in cycling and triathlon, as part of the the creative team, and alongside our account management and digital teams and creative suppliers.
As a Designer at SHIFT you will work across a variety of graphic design and artwork projects, the work will be varied and challenging and play to your creative strengths. Including, but not limited to:
- Generating concepts and ideas for campaigns and proposals
- Designing creative for digital, motion, branding and print, across all areas of the business
- Leading website strategy and design (UI, UX and GUI)
- Managing the creation of print and digital advertising from concept through to delivery
- Motion graphics to help bring to life our commercial video campaigns
- Print, advertising and marketing communications
- Design amendments, artwork, layout and image manipulation
- Contributing to presentations, proposals and motion showreels
- Source and/or create photography, illustrations, and graphics for individual projects
- Develop and produce marketing collateral to support the company’s strategy and visual branding
- Directing and getting the best from internal designers and external creative contributors
- Championing and challenging our creative process and way of thinking
- Other reasonable duties, as directed by the senior creative team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You will be a creative thinker and a multi-tasker, have strong print, digital and motion design skills, and expertly know your way around Adobe CC, in particular Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator and InDesign.
- You will have a flexible approach to work, excel under pressure and deliver solutions with exceptional attention to detail, on brand and on time.
- You will have solid knowledge of digital development – enabling you to design ambitious but achievable websites – motion graphic skills that bring our creative to life, and a passion for creating visual and graphic solutions for a range of media types.
- The ability to rapidly absorb and apply new technical information is a distinct advantage but not essential.
- The successful candidate will have at least 3-5 years digital agency experience in a Middleweight role.
- Of course you’ll be bursting with ideas and have excellent organisational skills being able to schedule and manage your workload to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
The Play Sports Group is home to SHIFT Active Media and the Play Sports Network.
Launched in 2010, SHIFT Active Media is an award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world, such as Continental, crankbrothers, fi’zi:k, YT, Continental, KASK, SRAM, Zwift and many more. Our complete focus on cycling delivers a best in class knowledge together with outstanding results. We’re a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide a variety of services to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from brand strategy, global media planning and buying, advertising creative, film and video production, website design and build, social media and beyond, our work resonates with cyclists the world over.
We’re a small but rapidly growing business, and while the atmosphere in the coolest office in Bath is relaxed and fun, we are very ambitious and work hard to exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Recently refurbished air conditioned city centre office
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your CV and examples of your portfolio together with a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. You’ll also need to tell us the salary you think you deserve.
Send everything through to Christian Day, Group Creative Director: firstname.lastname@example.org