Play Sports Group (PSG) are looking for a Front End Developer to join our growing team based in Bath.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking developer to help drive our business forwards. You will be working closely with other developers and designers to create engaging interfaces which adhere to UX and accessibility best practices. You will be taking projects from concept to completion, taking design briefs from our Design Directors and turning them into fantastic websites. You’ll always be innovating and you will test the latest tools and techniques to see if they can help us improve our users’ experiences.
You’ll play a key role in helping to grow the company and working in a fast moving, dynamic industry. With your finger on the pulse of digital technology and an eagerness to learn, you will be a valuable part of our digital team. You will be up for a challenge and willing to learn: and if you need to head out to a conference to keep you up to date and your skills sharp then we’ll make sure you can do just that.
In addition, you’ll be able to assist in all areas of the business, from development, design and creative ideas, to working with the finance team – we’re a small business, so we all work on making it grow.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience writing semantic HTML5 and scalable, modular CSS using Sass or other pre-processing tools
- Knowledge of how to prepare websites and their assets for production, with a desire to make sites as fast as possible
- Good design skills, with the ability to adhere to brand guidelines throughout development
- Knowledge of UX best practices, particularly around accessibility
- Ability to design and build fully responsive websites
- Proficient knowledge of source control (git)
- A basic understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications adhere to them
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to discuss ideas with clients and developers alike
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with SVG and CSS animation
- Familiarity with building templates for WordPress or Magento sites
- Knowledge of build automation tools like Gulp and continuous integration processes using Jenkins
- Any experience developing apps, either natively or using frameworks like Nativescript or Electron
- Be comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Happy working on a Mac
- A love and in-depth knowledge of cycling and the bike industry
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market. We operate two market-leading YouTube channels: the Global Cycling Network and Global Mountain Bike Network, with over 1 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes. PSG also includes the award-winning international communications agency, SHIFT Active Media (SHIFT), focused exclusively on the cycling industry and who works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world. SHIFT is responsible for the international marketing for global cycling brands such as Continental, fi’zi:k, FSA, Selle Royal, KASK and many others.
SHIFT works on a variety of projects to help their clients achieve their strategic objectives, including website and brochure creation, social media management, print and digital advertising design and placement in international magazines and websites, producing TV commercials and videos or even organizing helicopter banner flights in Australia.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- MacBook Pro and dual monitors
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV, a link to your portfolio and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. You’ll also need to tell us the salary you think you deserve.
Digital Director, James Morell on email@example.com
Date Posted: 1st March 2017
Closing date: 22nd March 2017