The right place, the right time. Play Sports Group is a fast growing and innovative group with an international focus that includes a market leading digital broadcaster and a market leading advertising agency. Insight and analytics is a core discipline within the group and one of they key reasons for our success.
You will be primarily responsible for delivering business intelligence analysis to support commercial activities, including client reporting, performance reporting and maintaining and supporting commercial systems and processes. The role will be part of a wider insight and business intelligence team that will be developed to support the rapid growth of the business. This is a new team that will be lead by an experienced senior executive.
The insight and business intelligence team is being developed to provide analytic and research capabilities for client services and to support organic growth and you will be expected to support a range of activities across the team. As the team develops you will have further opportunities to work on different aspects of the business intelligence activity such as developing insights into consumer behaviour, social media, public relations, media and relevant industries.
You will have an interest in digital, social media, have excellent computer skills (although programming skills are not required), have an excellent eye for details and have strong communication skills. You will be expected to take responsibility for your own development and you will be supported and challenged to develop your skills and commercial awareness to create impactful insights.
Role & Responsibilities, including
- Client reporting
- Commercial performance analysis
- Administration of commercial CRM system
- To train end users in the use of CRM system and interpretation of analysis
- To manage a calendar of regular reporting activities and proactively communicate to the wider business
- Proactively work with end users across the business to identify opportunities to improve/add to existing reporting content
- To take responsibility for own personal development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in analyst or similar roles, or relevant further education
- A keen interest in and awareness of digital media and social media
- Proven strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to analyse data and come up with recommendations based on findings
- Advanced knowledge of Google Sheets or Microsoft Office, Excel
- Curiosity and a desire to improve existing reports and processes a must
- Must be highly organized, accurate and thorough in their approach to work
- Must participate constructively within the team, contribute at team meetings and communicate effectively with the team at all times
- Highly collaborative approach to work!
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to network and an enthusiasm to succeed and to help others around you do so as well.
- Interest in cycling or triathlon
- Foreign languages
- Prior experience of working in digital media
- Previous experience working with an app based reporting system such as Microsoft Power BI, Qlik or Tableau.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- IT skills.
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market. We operate two market-leading YouTube channels: the Global Cycling Network and Global Mountain Bike Network, with over 1 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes. PSG also includes the award-winning international communications agency, SHIFT Active Media (SHIFT), focused exclusively on the cycling industry and who works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world. SHIFT is responsible for the international marketing for global cycling brands such as Continental, fi’zi:k, FSA, Selle Royal, KASK and many others.
SHIFT works on a variety of projects to help their clients achieve their strategic objectives, including website and brochure creation, social media management, print and digital advertising design and placement in international magazines and websites, producing TV commercials and videos or even organizing helicopter banner flights in Australia.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Good showers
- Relaxed office environment
- Fresh fruit and sweets
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Media Data Analyst’ as the email subject.
You will need to be eligible to work in the UK