Play Sports Group (PSG) are looking for a Project Manager to join our growing team based in Bath.
You’ll be a highly organised Project Manager with several years of experience in working with digital design/development teams to bring projects to fruition on time and on budget. You will have great attention to detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and manage teams to deliver.
You’ll play a key role in helping to grow the company and will work in a fast moving, dynamic industry. You will ensure that our in-house teams and clients work together smoothly with everyone having what they need. You will be administering projects on tight budgets and schedules so should be comfortable with planning and managing both your own time and that of others.
You will be up for a challenge and willing to learn; if you need to head out to a conference to keep you up to date and your skills sharp then we’ll make sure you can do just that. In addition, you’ll be able to assist in all areas of the business, from development, design and creative ideas, to working with the finance team – we’re a growing business that thrives on great ideas.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience as a web/digital project manager, ensuring objectives are met
- An understanding or hands-on experience of web or software development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both client-facing and internal
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- An understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high levels of customer trust and confidence
- Solid understanding of and demonstrable experience in using appropriate tools
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Ability to spot risk, evaluate and report as required
NICE TO HAVE
- Appropriate qualifications/certifications
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Experience of managing Agile projects using the scrum methodology
- A love and in-depth knowledge of cycling and the bike industry
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market.
We operate two market-leading YouTube channels: the Global Cycling Network and Global Mountain Bike Network, with over 1 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes.
PSG also includes the award-winning international communications agency, SHIFT Active Media (SHIFT), focused exclusively on the cycling industry who works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the bike world. SHIFT is responsible for the international marketing for global cycling brands such as Continental, fi’zi:k, FSA, Selle Royal, KASK and many others.
SHIFT works on a variety of projects to help their clients achieve their strategic objectives, including website and brochure creation, social media management, print and digital advertising design and placement in international magazines and websites, producing TV commercials and videos or even organizing helicopter banner flights in Australia.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit or jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV, a link to your portfolio and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. You’ll also need to tell us the salary you think you deserve.
Digital Director, James Morell on firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 15th March 2017
Closing date: 5th April 2017