Play Sports Group is seeking an enthusiastic, driven and intellectually curious research manager with a strong track record to join the Insight Team. The position will be responsible for leading research initiatives that deliver actionable insights for our clients and to support the continued growth of our agency and publishing activities. You will be an experienced and commercially astute researcher with an interest in consumer psychology and behavioural economics and are most likely to have worked in an agency or media environment. You will need to be able to adapt to a fast moving business environment and there are excellent development opportunities as the business continues to scale up.
This is a new role to deliver audience insight and analysis to inform client insights, strategic, creative and tactical decision-making across the whole group. You will be primarily responsible for delivering research programmes and projects to establish the group as a leading provider for research in the cycling, biking and triathlon sectors. The role will be part of a wider insight that we are developing to support the rapid growth of the business and include business intelligence, media insight and industry insights.
You will have an interest in digital, social media, have a strong track record in both qualitative and quantitative research, have an excellent understanding of the use of syndicated research platforms. You will enjoy planning and analysis with an excellent eye for details and have strong communication skills. You will be expected to take responsibility for your own development and you will be supported and challenged to develop your skills and commercial awareness to create impactful insights.
Role & Responsibilities, including:
- Leading qualitative and quantitative research projects, creating and effectively communicating insights will provide actionable insights for marketing development
- Synthesising, analysing and interpreting insights from multiple sources to inform the development of marketing activity and product development
- Initiate strategic, operational and tactical qualitative and quantitative research as appropriate and take responsibility for the creation of best in class insights to be delivered to the client
- Selecting the most appropriate and innovative research methodologies and techniques, providing compelling reasoning
- Extracting high quality insights from complex data sets, writing reports drawing on sector insights, and making actionable recommendations
- Forming long term, collaborative relationships, grounded in delivering service excellence and business impact
- Creating impactful insights to support commercial development
- Play a key role within a coaching culture, serving as a role model to others and supporting their personal development needs
- Presenting insight in a compelling way that tells the story behind the data
- Supporting revenue development, including presenting to clients and potential clients
- Developing effective relationships across all teams and being a strong evangelist for research best practice
- Organising and developing research assets and capabilities
- Proactively work with end users across the business to identify opportunities to improve/add to existing reporting content
- To take responsibility for own personal development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- In depth knowledge of market or audience research techniques gained through experience of market research, probably in an agency or media organisation
- Hands on experience of conducting qualitative and quantitative research projects
- You will have a proven record of developing and using audience/consumer insights and communicating them to creative and non-marketing literate communities, in a relevant and engaging way
- You must have an ability to design, sell and deliver research containing a high quality of thinking, insightful analysis and impactful business recommendations that will inspire our clients
- Excellent client handling skills, responsive and pro-active, articulate and a strong communicator
- Good eye for details and able to spot trends and patterns
- Strong reporting skills, able to produce high quality impactful client deliverables that leverage innovative thinking to support the storytelling and client recommendations
- Willingness to take ownership, responsibility and autonomy
- Flexible approach to work and ability to multi-task and adapt when needed
- Highly collaborative approach to work!
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to network and an enthusiasm to succeed and to help others around you do so as well
- Have a passion for innovation and product development research
- A keen interest in and awareness of digital media and social media
- Proven strong computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of Google Sheets or Microsoft Office, Excel
- Curiosity and a desire to improve existing reports and processes a must
- Must be highly organized, accurate and thorough in their approach to work
- Must participate constructively within the team, contribute at team meetings and communicate effectively with the team at all times.
- Advanced degree (or equivalent experience) in a complementary subject
- Interest in cycling, biking or triathlon
- Foreign languages
- Previous media research experience with knowledge of audience measurement
- Prior experience of working in digital media.
Key demonstrable qualities
- Commercial Awareness
- Communication with Impact
- Intellect and integrity applied to the role
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Motivation, commitment and self awareness
You will need to be eligible to work in the UK
PlaySports Group is a fast growing and innovative group with an international focus that includes a market leading digital broadcaster and a market leading advertising agency. Insight and analytics is a core discipline within the group and one of they key reasons for our success.
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role and the salary you think you deserve to email@example.com with ‘Research Manager’ as the email subject.