The right place, the right time. Play Sports Group is a fast growing and innovative group with an international focus that includes a market leading digital broadcaster and a market leading advertising agency. Insight and analytics is a core discipline within the group and one of they key reasons for our success.
This is a new role to deliver audience insight and analysis to inform client insights, strategic, creative and tactical decision-making across the whole group. This ranges from measuring who is consuming our content to surveying our audience to generate insights for clients and to drive growth. You will be primarily responsible for delivering research programmes and projects to establish the group as a leading provider for research in the cycling, biking and triathlon sectors. The role will be part of a wider insight and business intelligence team that will be developed to support the rapid growth of the business. This is a new team that will be lead by an experienced senior executive. We aim to provide innovative and best in class insight solutions to clients.
The insight and business intelligence team is being developed to provide analytic and research capabilities for client services and to support organic growth and you will be expected to support a range of activities across the team. As the team develops you will have further opportunities to work on different aspects of the insight and business intelligence activity such as developing insights into consumer behaviour, social media, public relations, media and relevant industries.
You will have an interest in digital, social media, have excellent computer skills (although programming skills are not required), have an excellent eye for details and have strong communication skills. You will be expected to take responsibility for your own development and you will be supported and challenged to develop your skills and commercial awareness to create impactful insights.
Role & Responsibilities, including:
- Undertaking or contributing to research projects, creating and effectively communicating insights that cause clients and decision-makers to make the best informed decisions
- Analysing and interpreting data from a variety of sources in order to assess the performance of clients’ brands and our channels (and against competitors where appropriate) and inform the development of marketing activity and product development
- Commissioning and undertake strategic, operational and tactical qualitative and quantitative research as appropriate and as agreed and to be solely or jointly responsible for these projects from start to finish
- Selecting the most appropriate and innovative research methodologies and techniques, providing compelling reasoning
- Designing impactful research questionnaires that align to business objectives
- Extracting high quality insights from complex data sets, writing reports drawing on sector knowledge, and making actionable recommendations
- Forming long term, collaborative relationships, grounded in delivering service excellence and business impact
- Play a key role within a coaching culture, serving as a role model to others and supporting their personal development needs
- Presenting audience insight in a compelling way that tells the story behind the data
- Supporting revenue development, including presenting to clients and potential client
- Developing effective relationships across all teams and being a strong evangelist for research best practice
- Organising and maintaining the integrity of research assets
- Proactively work with end users across the business to identify opportunities to improve/add to existing reporting content
- To take responsibility for own personal development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- In depth knowledge of market or audience research techniques gained through experience of market research
- Hands on experience of conducting qualitative and quantitative research projects
- You will have a proven record of developing and using audience/consumer insights and communicating them to creative and non-marketing literate communities, in a relevant and engaging way
- You must have an ability to design, sell and deliver research containing a high quality of thinking, insightful analysis and impactful business recommendations that will fascinate our clients and help them to prosper
- Excellent client handling skills, responsive and pro-active, articulate and a strong communicator
- Good eye for details and able o spot trends
- Strong reporting skills, able to produce high quality impactful client deliverables that leverage innovative thinking to support the storytelling and client recommendations
- Willingness to take ownership, responsibility and autonomy
- Flexible approach to work and ability to multi-task and adapt when needed
- Highly collaborative approach to work!
- Great interpersonal skills, ability to network and an enthusiasm to succeed and to help others around you do so as well
- Have a passion for innovation and product development research
- A keen interest in and awareness of digital media and social media
- Proven strong computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of Google Sheets or Microsoft Office, Excel
- Curiosity and a desire to improve existing reports and processes a must
- Must be highly organized, accurate and thorough in their approach to work
- Must participate constructively within the team, contribute at team meetings and communicate effectively with the team at all times.
- Interest in cycling or triathlon
- Foreign languages
- Previous media research experience with knowledge of web analytics and social media data desirable
- Market research or relevant academic qualifications
- Prior experience of working in digital media.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- IT skills.
The Play Sports Group is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market. We operate two market-leading YouTube channels: the Global Cycling Network and Global Mountain Bike Network, with over 1 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes. PSG also includes the award-winning international communications agency, SHIFT Active Media (SHIFT), focused exclusively on the cycling industry and who works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world. SHIFT is responsible for the international marketing for global cycling brands such as Continental, fi’zi:k, FSA, Selle Royal, KASK and many others.
SHIFT works on a variety of projects to help their clients achieve their strategic objectives, including website and brochure creation, social media management, print and digital advertising design and placement in international magazines and websites, producing TV commercials and videos or even organizing helicopter banner flights in Australia.
- Recently refurbished city centre office
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Good showers
- Relaxed office environment
- Fresh fruit and sweets
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Senior Research Executive’ as the email subject.
You will need to be eligible to work in the UK