As the SHIFT Planning & Account Management Intern you will be responsible for providing support to the Strategy and Account Management teams. The intern will assist the Strategy Director and Account Directors to gather, analyse and interpret a variety of information that will enable the wider SHIFT Active Media team to produce innovative ideas and solutions for SHIFT’s clients.
The successful applicant will have an inherent interest and passion for cycling and sport, as well as an interest in marketing. They should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to think quickly and intuitively, plus have the ability to make complex subjects understandable.
The intern will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing strategy and sports marketing. They will leave having gained a solid grasp of the media landscape and how strategic planning influences it.
Working closely with SHIFT’s Strategy Director and Account Directors, the intern will be required to:
- Examine clients’ businesses to get to know their brands and understand their objectives.
- Analyse and interpret a variety of information.
- Research and gather data to develop well-informed briefs and thus strategic plans for clients.
- Assist the team across different departments in the agency and collaborate to generate original ideas that exceed our clients’ expectations.
- Coordinate and improve processes between key departments.
- Assist with project coordination and administrative tasks.
- Assist with the setup and logistics of client visits.
- Keep well informed of industry developments and competitor activities, as well as keeping up-to-date with cultural/social trends and customers’ views and attitudes.
- Excellent computer knowledge (proficiency in G Suite is a bonus).
- Writing and proofing skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames.
- Organised, dependable and detail oriented.
- Team player with a cooperative spirit.
- Prior experience in a marketing department or organisation highly desirable.
The Play Sports Group is home to SHIFT Active Media and the Play Sports Network.
Launched in 2010, SHIFT Active Media is an award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world, such as Continental, crankbrothers, fi’zi:k, the Global Cycling Network (GCN), KASK, SRAM, Zwift, YT and many more. Our complete focus on cycling delivers a best in class knowledge together with outstanding results. We’re a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide a variety of services to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from brand strategy, global media planning and buying, advertising creative, film and video production, website design and build, social media and beyond, our work resonates with cyclists the world over.
We’re a small but rapidly growing business, and while the atmosphere in the modern office in Bath is relaxed and fun, we are very ambitious and work hard to exceed the expectations of our clients.
What You’ll Get In Return
- Work with world class cycling brands
- Opportunity to develop your skills
- A good coffee machine
- Secure bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and sweets
- Relaxed office environment
Do You Think You’ve Got What It Takes?
Send us your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining why you are perfect for the role.