As Social Media Manager you will be primarily responsible for delivering and executing the audience development plan for a range of high profile cycling brands. This is the perfect opportunity to combine your passion for cycling with your in-depth knowledge of social media.
This role is for somebody with a strong knowledge of, interest and experience in social media, and an understanding of marketing and communication through these platforms, along with a passion for cycling. Ideally you will know Contador from Cancellara and can tell the difference between a bottom bracket and a brake caliper, but the primary focus must be on an exceptional understanding of growing social channels and engaging with audiences passionate about cycling.
The role will be varied, busy, exciting and rewarding. You will take an active role in the development of social media strategies for a number of SHIFT’s cycling clients and execute that strategy across a range of social channels. You’ll be working alongside our existing digital and social teams and very closely with our media planning and buying, and account management teams.
It will be your responsibility to develop new ideas to drive interaction with our clients’ followers. You’ll craft outstanding content that engages with existing followers, making them excited enough to share it among their friends and followers. We’ll work with you to develop an understanding of your clients, their brands, their sponsorships and their priorities. You’ll be exposed to, and will need to foster a relationship with, the owners and marketing teams of these brands as well as building relationships with the pro athletes and teams they work with.
You must be literate and analytical: together with our digital experts, you’ll work out how we can tweak and improve our content and programming schedule – and you’ll need to create compelling copy that’s both technically and grammatically correct.
This is a role based in our fantastic offices in the city of Bath, but you may be occasionally required to attend meetings with our partners elsewhere and potentially attend events and races.
Role & Responsibilities
- Creating engaging content for a broad range of exciting cycling brands’ social channels
- Schedule and publish content on Facebook and other platforms
- Manage social media profiles – contribute to the social ‘voice’ of our clients
- Regularly analysing response data to improve performance
- Market research around our clients and their competitive set
- Work with brands on developing content assets to use on their social channels
- Answering social media comments and questions
- Organising the design and execution of promotions and competitions
- Working with SHIFT’s digital team to build and develop new outlets for our content
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Drive and enthusiasm – it’s a big job with lots to achieve!
- Social media and online community expertise
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Knowledge and passion for cycling
- Analytical skills – using data and analytics to challenge current plans and suggest new ideas
- An interest in new technology – apps, gadgets, kit
- Office experience – prioritisation of projects
- Administration skills – demonstrating accuracy and efficiency
Launched in 2010, SHIFT is the first truly international communications agency dedicated to the cycling industry. Our complete focus on cycling delivers a best in class knowledge together with outstanding results.
We are a 360-degree agency responsible for the international communications for fi’zi:k, FSA, Vision, the Giro d’Italia, KASK, British Cycling, Continental and many other global brands. From brand strategy, media planning and buying, advertising creative, film and video production to website design and build, social media and beyond, our work resonates with cyclists the world over.
We’re a focussed and rapidly growing business, and while the atmosphere in the coolest office in Bath is relaxed and fun, we are very ambitious and work hard to exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Recently refurbished air conditioned city centre office
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- A good coffee machine
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- Free fruit and jelly sweets
- Relaxed office environment
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role. You’ll also need to tell us the salary you think you deserve.
Digital Director, James Morell on email@example.com
Date Posted: 20th March 2017
Closing date: 10th April 2017