Are you a part-qualified AAT Finalist or equivalent, and do you have experience in a transactional finance role and working in a business services environment? Our varied Company Accountant role assists with the month-end process and journals, as well as preparing balance sheet reconciliations and completing general Accounting duties.
You will need to have great communication skills, and be comfortable liaising with different people within the business. You will be expected to have an understanding of accounting systems, and be prepared to use your initiative to complete ad hoc accounting tasks.
You will report directly to the Group Financial Controller. This role is varied and provides a great opportunity to develop within a growing finance team, as well as offering the opportunity for professional development.
- Month-end process and journals including but not limited to;
- Revenue recognition
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for review by Group Financial Controller
- All areas of transactional accounting including sales and purchase ledger management
- Credit control
- Support year-end audit
- Ownership of the fixed asset register for the group
- Build relationships with key members of the Shift Active team
- Work closely with all departments to ensure project invoices and costs are being managed
- Support Group Financial Controller to ensure we maintain a robust control environment
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
Skills and Requirements
- Part Qualified – AAT Finalist or equivalent
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong Communicator
- High attention to detail
- Experience in a transactional finance role
- Ability to work independently
- Good initiative and ability to pick up tasks for the team
- Experience of working in a marketing or business services environment
- Experience of accounting systems – ideally Sage
If you want to apply for this role, please click here.