Play Sports Group (PSG) is the world’s leading digital sports media company focused on cycling and tri-sports. Combining a deep love of the sport with peerless expertise in video and digital distribution, PSG has built a leadership position in the market, with 45m monthly video views from audiences across its eight channels that include Global Cycling Network (GCN), Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) and Global Triathlon Network (GTN), along with the first two of a growing number of non-English language channels, GCN en Español and GCN Italia. Headquartered in Bath with 140 employees, PSG also includes the award-winning cycling media agency, SHIFT Active Media who work with some of the biggest, most high-profile brands in the cycling world. PSG recently secured further investment from Discovery Inc, the global media group behind brands including the Discovery Channel and Eurosport. This investment, which resulted in Discovery taking a controlling stake in PSG, will fund the continued development of the Group.
Since 2017 the Group has developed a successful eCommerce business retailing branded merchandise to our passionate fans and in 2018 the Group also launched its first subscription product, the GCN Club. These revenue streams have grown rapidly and we are now looking to hire a dedicated eCommerce Accountant to develop and lead this part of the business from a finance perspective.
The eCommerce Accountant role covers all aspects of reporting, analysis and accounting for the eCommerce business, including day-to-day financial management, month-end processing and process improvements (including systems and reporting/ analysis).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Key liaison with in-house eCommerce team and third-party fulfilment partner
- Periodic and ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Leading the development of month end reporting and analysis (including a full P&L view of eCommerce profitability, profitability by store/ product category, analysis of stock position etc)
- Providing support for international pricing decisions
- Working closely with developers regarding systems developments and fixes
Day-to-day operational management:
- Liaising with suppliers and external order fulfilment company
- Generating and posting monthly sales data
- Reviewing stock adjustments and variances
- Purchase invoice processing, including matching with purchase orders and investigating delivery variances
- Oversight of stock position including audited year end stock check
- Customer payment/ sales reconciliations
- Investigating more complex customer queries
You will have practical experience of working in a commercial finance department, demonstrating excellent organisational skills and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with strong communication skills both within finance and the wider team.
Most importantly you will demonstrate the potential to continue to grow with the business, developing and improving processes as the business develops and taking on increasing responsibility including, potentially, the management of new team members.
- Product accounting experience essential: ideally in an eCommerce/ retail environment
- Ideally a qualified or part qualified accountant or appropriately qualified by experience
- Strong excel skills, including complex formulae and pivot tables
- Experience of accounting systems ideally Sage
- Experience of using e-commerce platforms (e.g. Magento) an advantage
- Thriving in a dynamic environment
- Recently refurbished air-conditioned city centre office
- Study support (course fees and study leave): available for the right candidate
- Generous holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Bike parking
- Really good showers
- All you can eat fresh fruit and Haribo
- Monthly free lunch, pizza on your birthday and regular company rides
- Free merchandise, cycling kit and good coffee machine
DO YOU THINK YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Send us your CV and covering letter explaining why you are perfect for the role and the salary you think you deserve to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘eCommerce Accountant’ as the email subject.