Do you have 2+ years working in PR, as well as a love for cycling? SHIFT Active Media is looking for a PR Manager to help grow our client base and build lasting relationships in the cycling industry. You will drive client PR strategy and, along with the Account Management team, become a key contact for our clients.
We are ambitious to develop our clients’ brands. As PR Manager, you will work with the Account Management, Social Media and Creative teams, as well as members of senior management here at SHIFT. A key part of the role will be to build a close working relationships to understand clients’ strategic goals and work with them to deliver their objectives. You will produce and deliver against an agreed PR plan and budget.
You will need to know what cycling journalists want, and how to deliver it to them. By building outstanding relationships with key international journalists and media companies you will be able to deliver the best possible coverage and value to our clients. You will use tools within the business to monitor the performance of PR reach and review, report and make recommendations to our clients.
This role is a full time role, based in our Bath office, but you will have the opportunity to travel abroad (to Europe and further afield) for press days and product launches.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deliver innovative PR strategies, maximising the opportunity for our clients
- Manage client profiles and projects
- Create media briefings and press collateral
- Deliver coverage across broadcast, digital and print media internationally
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key international journalists, influencers and media companies
- Analyse and report on the success of media campaigns
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Verbal presentation and communication skills are a must. You must be able to passionately outline and explain your creative ideas to clients, media buyers, and journalists who expect a professional and insightful delivery of information. Having polished writing skills is extremely important. The more styles you can write in, the better.
- Experience in press and media communications.
- Knowledge of the cycling industry.
- A degree or postgraduate diploma in Public Relations, English language or Marketing would be preferable.
- You need to be able to write captivating content for clients, from press releases to magazine articles to blog posts.
- Social media savvy: this includes being able to measure a campaign’s success and overall effectiveness when using social channels.
- The ability to build your professional network is crucial.
- The ability to undertake research and build your knowledge of a client’s product or service is key.
- Ability to think strategically on behalf of our clients, so excellent questioning and listening skills are needed to identify what’s important to our clients.
- Quick, strategic thinking to convey a client’s brand, make a pitch, run events and successfully execute campaigns.
- Excellent organisation skills: The ability to work on multiple projects at any one time will be part of your everyday life so you will need to be confident handling multiple clients with varying needs and differing deadlines.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please click here.