Are you an experienced Conceptual Copywriter with 10+ years experience working within an advertising or digital agency? Do you also have a passion for cycling? As the Senior Conceptual Copywriter, you will be at the forefront of creative in all its many forms; from big ideas to beautifully crafted social posts, primed for the feed. You will be an inspiring mentor and a ‘go-to’ creative within the team.
You will be creating and delivering great content for SHIFT Active Media’s clients, meaning that you will have a keen eye for detail and a creative flare. For this role, we are looking for someone who is passionate about cycling, as you will need to understand the marketing landscape in the cycling industry, and how to create content based on this. You will also need a strong business acumen, as you will have to understand the strategic aims of our clients, and how to create content that is tailored to these aims.
Collaboration and originality is essential for the role, as you will be contributing to the whole creative process of advertising: from concept through to the production and delivery of the product.
- Creative Leadership: Inspiring the team by being a font of knowledge with what’s great creativity within cycling world and beyond.
- Campaign Concept Development – Working together with the ECD and members of the creative, media, social, and PR teams, to generate highly original concepts and ideas for multi-channel, international marketing campaigns. To develop them from concept through to delivery, specifically taking responsibility for the written output of a campaign
- Client Presentations & Pitches – Working together with the wider creative, client and strategy teams, to develop, support and deliver effective client presentations and pitches to sell-in both campaign ideas to existing clients and SHIFT’s credentials to prospective new clients
- Briefing – Writing, delivering and managing the process of production briefs / casting briefs to get the best from both internal and external creative suppliers
- Production Management – In collaboration with the production team, manage the creation of advertising creative and content from concept through to delivery
- Occasional Sub-editing – Writing and sub-editing copy for a wide range of advertising, marketing and PR purposes partnering with Editorial Director
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Creative Judgement – Recognises how ideas are delivering against the strategy, can challenge ideas based on sound strategic thinking and generates compelling arguments to sell in ideas.
- Influencing – Communicates clearly, with professionalism and credibility, manages senior stakeholders.
- Decision Making – Owns day-to-day decision making and finds quick, effective solutions, consults on major decisions / strategic recommendations
- Commercial Understanding – Understands business context and identifies creative income opportunities and monitors own time and works to budgets
- Delivery – Plans ahead, anticipates and responds to the businesses’ needs, also takes responsibility for work of the whole team.
- Resilience – Stays positive, looks to solve problems, has ‘can do’ attitude, and also encourages that in others.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please click here.