SHIFT Active Media is an award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world. As the Social Media Executive/Manager you’ll combine your love for cycling with a passion for social media to look after our clients’ social channels.
We’ve got an exciting opportunity for someone with previous social media experience who wants to break into the cycling industry. The Social Media Executive/Manager (dependent on experience) will be working with the Social Strategist to deliver outstanding social media content for a variety of exciting and high profile clients.
You will take responsibility for ensuring all social content delivered is accurate, fits within an agreed plan or strategy, and follows social media best practices.
The role will require you to:
- Build on a good knowledge of using social media in a business context.
- Keep up with cycling industry news, key race results and team changes – especially road cycling.
- Write, plan and schedule weekly social media calendars for each client.
- Ensure all content is delivered with the right tone of voice, high levels of accuracy and is in line with the pre-agreed strategy for each client.
- Produce social media reports for existing clients, interpreting results in order to make recommendations for future activity.
- Monitor and moderate audience activity across platforms, responding where appropriate and escalating where necessary.
- Light-touch image editing to ensure quality standards are upheld and that content is correctly tailored for each brand.
- Work with the Media team to identify social media posts to boost in order to generate the best results.
- Develop a strong day-to-day relationship with key internal stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with social media news, platform changes and content best practices, sharing useful information with the wider team.
- Support the Social Strategist with other social media related activities when required.
Essential skills and competencies
- Cycling: You don’t need to ride like a pro, but you must be passionate about the sport and enjoy keeping up with all the latest news from cycling events – you’ll want to develop your career in the cycling industry.
- Interpersonal skills: As someone who will work closely with internal teams and clients, you must be confident developing good relationships with a wide range of people.
- Social know-how: You are passionate about and embrace the opportunities presented by social media. You will have a good grasp of how the channels work and what’s possible.
- Community management: You’re able to assess comments and direct messages for authenticity and risk in a timely manner, escalating any issues to the wider team or client with a recommended approach that protects brand reputation.
- Creativity: You enjoy coming up with creative ideas to help solve client problems, as well as providing feedback on the ideas of others.
- Written and presentation skills: You’re able to produce accurate and well-crafted social media calendars and documents, and present these confidently and in an engaging way. You can communicate complex things in a simple, understandable way.
- Good numerical capability: You’re not fazed by figures or data relating to social media. You’re able to work in spreadsheets and can present complex numbers in a simple way.
- Reliable: With lots going on, you’re organised and able to manage your own time; you take responsibility for getting things done and can be relied upon to do things within given timescales.
- Experience of working in a social media role within an agency or a client-side marketing role.
- Experience using social media management tools, such as SproutSocial or Hootsuite, etc.
- Experience of creating or inputting into reports.
- Experience of working to an agreed publishing plan across a number of social media platforms.
- Experience of growing active social media communities.
Cycling industry experience is not essential, but an interest or passion for cycling is essential for this role.
Salary & benefits
- Salary dependent on experience
- 25 days annual holiday, additional 3 days over Christmas plus Bank Holidays
- Pension: 3% company contribution matched by way of salary sacrifice
- Childcare Vouchers by way of salary sacrifice
- Work with world class cycling brands and opportunity to develop your skills with very experienced industry experts
- A great coffee machine
- Secure bike parking and really good showers
- A selection of industry discounts, including all Play Sports Network shops
The Play Sports Group is home to SHIFT Active Media and the Play Sports Network.
Launched in 2010, SHIFT Active Media is an award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world, such as Continental, crankbrothers, fi’zi:k, the Global Cycling Network (GCN), KASK, SRAM, Zwift, YT and many more. Our complete focus on cycling delivers a best in class knowledge together with outstanding results.
We’re a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide a variety of services to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from brand strategy, global media planning and buying, advertising creative, film and video production, website design and build, social media and beyond, our work resonates with cyclists the world over.
We’re a small but rapidly growing business, and while the atmosphere in the modern office in Bath is relaxed and fun, we are very ambitious and work hard to exceed the expectations of our clients.
Do You Think You’ve Got What It Takes?
Send us your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are perfect for the role.