To plan, drive and implement social marketing for SHIFT Active Media clients. Taking responsibility for ensuring that all social content is delivered against a strategic plan, is creatively brilliant, and is effective and achievable within their budgets.
The role will require you to:
- Develop new social strategies and content plans that connect and build a strong affinity with consumers
- Interpret information from various sources to inform your recommendations (e.g. subject matter experts, research docs, results, competitor activity, Google Analytics, insight reports)
- Develop recommendations across a range of social channels and distil your ideas and thoughts into well-articulated plans with a clear rationale
- Take an active role in creating and directing the development of new social creative, including generating new ways of creating quality content at the scale required by our clients. This will include working as part of an integrated team (creative, media and PR) on large campaigns, as well as solus social campaigns
- Writing, delivering and managing the process of social briefs to get the best from both internal and external creative suppliers
- Determine the evaluation requirements and produce reporting for the social properties you are working on
- Editing copy and images to ensure quality standards are upheld and that content is correctly tailored for each brand
- Develop a strong day-to-day relationship with key clients and internal stakeholders
- You will manage a Social Media exec. ensuring their output is of a high quality and on plan, and supporting and covering them at key periods
Essential skills and competencies:
- Interpersonal skills: As someone who will be client facing and work closely with internal teams you must be confident developing good relationships with a wide range of people
- Social know-how: You are genuinely excited by the opportunities presented by digital, social and mobile channels and have an expert grasp of how consumers use them, how they work and what’s possible. You’re likely to be major user yourself and find ways to keep yourself on top of the latest technology and trends
- Lateral thinker: You’re capable of thinking beyond the obvious. You can develop pragmatic, actionable plans and support the implementation and tracking of projects
- Creativity: You enjoy generating creative approaches to communication challenges, as well as evaluating and providing feedback on creative ideas and concepts
- Written and presentation skills: You’re able to produce well-crafted, well laid-out presentations and documents and present these confidently and engagingly. You can communicate complex things in a simple, understandable way
- Good numerical and analytical skills: You’re not fazed by figures or data relating to social media. You’re able to work in spreadsheets and can present complex numbers in a simple way
- Reliable: With lots going on, you’re organised and focused enough to manage your own time; you take responsibility for getting things done and can be relied upon to do things within given timescales
- Experience of working in a social media role within an agency or a brand
- You will have spent a number of years specifically developing social plans and content
- You will have experience working with well-known brands and can demonstrate how your ideas have made a tangible difference to campaign or business performance
- A significant interest in, or passion for cycling is essential (this is the perfect job for somebody who lives and breathes cycling be that on road bike, furiously careering downhill or even a massive armchair fan of the grand tours)
Salary & benefits:
- £competitive – assuming around 3-5 years of relevant experience
- 25 days annual holiday, additional 3 days over Christmas plus Bank Holidays
- Pension: 3% company contribution matched by way of salary sacrifice
- Work with world-class cycling brands with the opportunity to develop your skills with very experienced industry experts
- A great coffee machine
- Secure bike parking and really good showers
The Play Sports Group is home to SHIFT Active Media and the Play Sports Network.
Launched in 2010, SHIFT Active Media is an award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world, such as Continental, crankbrothers, fi’zi:k, the Global Cycling Network (GCN), KASK, SRAM, Zwift, YT and many more. Our complete focus on cycling delivers a best in class knowledge together with outstanding results.
We’re a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide a variety of services to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from brand strategy, global media planning and buying, advertising creative, film and video production, website design and build, social media and beyond, our work resonates with cyclists the world over.
We’re a rapidly growing business, and while the atmosphere in the modern office in Bath is relaxed and fun, we are very ambitious and work hard to exceed the expectations of our clients.
Do You Think You’ve Got What It Takes?
Send us your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining why you are perfect for the role.