Part of the SHIFT management team you will embed strategy across the agency, upping the strategic rigour of all aspects of the business – being responsible for the quality of the agency’s strategic output. This will include leading strategic initiatives on major clients and pitches.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing new strategies and plans that connect and build strong affinity with consumers. We’re looking for an inspiring leader, who is comfortable leading SHIFT’s strategic thinking across the full gamut of communications channels (with an emphasis on digital/performance). These should be rooted in a deep understanding of the cyclist, cycling category, the client/company and the competition, and be based on a holistic view of Owned, Earned and Paid media.
- Building a strong day-to-day relationship with key clients and internal stakeholders, enabling you to review, challenge and build on client briefs. You will lead senior client relationships working with the Account Management function, to ensure we’re providing best in class client service across all our media relationships and a progressive product.
- Telling compelling stories with research, data and insight: Articulate key insights, barriers, opportunities and propositions using information from various sources to inform your recommendations (e.g. subject matter experts, research docs, results, competitor activity, Google Analytics, insight reports).
- Being the strategic catalyst across our specialist departments: Take an active role in directing the development of new creative media and PR plans, writing and delivering specific briefs to get the best from both internal and external teams.
- Agency Management: You’ll sit as part of the SHIFT management team reporting to the MD, working alongside the Client Services Director, ECD, Media Director and Group CFO to run and manage the agency, day to day.
- Experience of working in a strategic or planning role within an agency or a client-side marketing team.
- Have developed marketing and/or communication strategies and plans for brands.
- Experience working with well-known brands and can demonstrate how your ideas have made a tangible difference to campaign or business performance.
- An interest or passion for cycling is essential.
Salary & benefits
- 5 weeks holiday, bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
Please fill out the form here