We use Google Analytics cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer.
You can choose to accept or decline certain cookies. Declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website or accessing certain areas or services. You can find instructions on how to remove cookies using the links in the ‘changing your cookies’ section of this policy.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose, and pool this information with anonymised information provided to us by third parties.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below.
All websites and platforms
|Google analytics:||Google Analytics is used by millions of websites the world over and these anonymised cookies help us see how people use our site, including where people find out about us, which pages they visit and how long they spend on the site. For an overview of privacy at Google, click here.|
Our online shops are powered by Magento, which sets the following cookies:
|external_no_cache||A flag that indicates if caching is disabled|
|persistent_shopping_cart||The session key|
|Stf||If product links were sent to friends, stores the timestamps in the format: $timeStamp1, $timestamp2, …, $timestampN.|
|pollN||A poll ID that indicates if a vote has occurred|
|guest-view||Allows guests to edit their orders|
|yieldify_iv||Initial visit cookie which can show overlay|
|yieldify_visit||Visit cookie that always appears when tag is live|
|yieldify_frequency_click####||As above but for clicks|
|yieldify_st||User journey tracking|
|yieldify_stc||User journey tracking|
|yieldify_tv||User journey tracking|
|yieldify_ab||User journey tracking|
|yieldify_userinfo||User info tracking|
|yieldify_dynamic_campaign||User journey tracking|
|yieldify_ujt||User journey tracking|
GCN Club, Play Sports Network website, SHIFT Active Media website
In addition to the general cookies referred to above, the following cookies may be set when you visit these sites by WordPress, which powers these properties:
|WordPress:||These cookies are used by the content management system we use to power our website, variously to see if a user is logged in, check the language chosen by visitors to the site and if not in place may mean the site doesn’t work in the expected fashion.|
We use remarketing services from Google, Rocketfuel and Facebook. Using these tracking cookies relevant ads can be served to users based on past visits to our websites. You can opt out of the use of these cookies at any time by changing your settings in the relevant parties’ ad settings.
Third party cookies
- Facebook: https://en-gb.facebook.com/policies/cookies/;
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/legal/cookies/;
- Twitter: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514; and
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Changing your cookie settings
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics, you can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.