Terms and Conditions
Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘shiftactivemedia.com’, ‘SHIFT’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Comments will be moderated. Links to offensive sites will be removed. You retain ownership and responsibility for your comments. By commenting, you provide shiftactivemedia.com a license in perpetuity to publish them in whole or part on any domains operated by us. Please note that this is to ensure that if we ever change domain names we are able to take your comments with us, rather than to use comments out of context.
- Disclaimer / liability: use of the website and/or the website service is at your own risk. The website and the website service is provided on an “as is” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law: (a) SHIFT disclaims all liability whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise in relation to the website and/or the website service; and (b) all implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the website and/or the website service (whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise), including (without limitation) any warranty, term or condition as to accuracy, completeness, satisfactory quality, performance, fitness for purpose or any special purpose, availability, non infringement, information accuracy, interoperability, quiet enjoyment and title are, as between shiftactivemedia.com and you, hereby excluded. In particular, but without prejudice to the foregoing, we accept no responsibility for the conduct of any user and/or account holder of the website and/or website service; any error, delay or failure in the transmission of any communication between users and/or account holders; any technical failure of the internet, the website and/or the website service; or any damage or injury to users or their equipment as a result of or relating to their use of the website or the website service. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- SHIFT will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the website and/or the website service, for any: (i) economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or (ii) loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) special or indirect or consequential loss.
- If SHIFT is liable to you directly or indirectly in relation to the website and/or the website service, that liability (howsoever arising) shall be limited to: (a) fifty pounds sterling (£50.00); or (b) the sums paid by you upon registering an account with us.
- Nothing in these terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting the liability of SHIFT or its group companies for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by English law.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
shiftactivemedia.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
shiftactivemedia.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 7th June 2013.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- IP address, operating system and browser details
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use Google Analytics cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
This websites sets the following cookies:
These cookies are used by the CMS we use to power our website, variously to see if a user is logged in, check the language chosen by visitors to the site and if not in place may mean the site dones’t work in the expected fashion.
Google Analytics is used by millions of websites the world over and these anonymised cookies help us see how people use our site, including where people find out about us, which pages they visit and how long they spend on the site. For an overview of privacy at Google, click here.
Changing your cookie settings
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.